If you are a sports parent and a big chunk of your time gets spent on the stands while your kid is practicing the game, here’s how you can creatively use that time and get some exercise.
- Keep your running shoes in your car. That way whenever there’s scope of exercise, you won’t be struck because of shoes.
- If your kid’s practice is taking place in a sports complex, you can run or walk around the ground or on the tracks. Make sure your child knows where you are.
- If there’s no track, look for stairs. You could do steps to get your heart pumping a little. Or you could also do some sprints up and down.
- If you are in the stands, look for some support to help you do some pushups.
- You could also keep a jump rope handy in your car. Jumping or running on the rope is good cardio.
- Get a basket ball, and try dribbling from one corner to another. That would be good cardio too.
- If you are tired of the running around, sit at one place and try breathing exercises. Those can be very relaxing for the body and the mind.
- Try yoga. Light yoga that includes stretching postures can actually relieve muscular tension and soothe pain.